Skip to main content

Christmas in July Tree Shopping!!

Christmas in July sales are everywhere and I am in the market for a new tree.  We currently have a 12 foot Christmas tree for our family room and believe me, it is a monster!  I would like to downsize a bit to a 9 foot tree.  I have to tell you that I have been drooling over Balsam Hill trees for years!!  My household suffers from live Christmas tree allergies; therefore, we only have artificial trees at Still Woods Farmhouse!  In my mind, Balsam Hill is the leader in realistic, artificial trees.  They also have a great sale going on until July 31. Eeks!! That only gives me a few more days to make a decision.  By the way, I am not getting paid to endorse their products.  Balsam Hill doesn't have the slightest idea I exist!!  I'm just a fan of  beautiful, well lit, artificial Christmas trees! After much deliberation, I have narrowed my exhaustive search to a few trees.  Tell me what you think!

My top choice has been the Brewer Spruce.  I love the beautiful shape of this tree, especially the tips.  It looks like it was freshly cut in a forest.  A tree that is gorgeous without a single ornament must be a fabulous tree!  The Brewer Spruce is 69 inches in diameter for a 9 foot tree.  I also have the option of selecting clear and color lights combination.  I am a clear light girl, but my hubby loves the colors.  The ability to have both would be terrific!  The 9 foot tree with the clear/color combination has a light count of 2100 lights!  I love lights!!
(Photo Credit Balsam Hill: Brewer Spruce)
Another contender is Nordmann Fir.  According to Balsam Hill, the Nordmann Fir is regarded as the most prized Christmas tree in Europe.  The 9 foot tree is 66 inches in diameter while the 7 1/2 foot tree is 60 inches. This tree is packed with lights!  The 9 foot with the color/clear combination has 2300 lights.  I bet it is absolutely beautiful!
(Photo Credit Balsam Hill:  Nordmann Fir)
My Sweet Savannah blog used the Nordmann Fir in her bedroom.  Love the way she placed the tree in a basket!  I'll have to file that idea away for future decorating!
I also selected a few narrow choices.  The Silverado Slim is a beautiful tree!  A 9 foot tree is 50 inches in diameter has 4298 tips and 800 lights.  The slimmer profile would allow several options for placement in our home.
(Photo Credit:  Balsam Hill Silverado Slim)
Another narrow choice is the Norway Spruce.  The 9 foot tree is 57 inches in diameter and comes with the clear and color combination for lighting with a total of 1800 lights!  I really like the tips on this tree.
(Photo Credit by Balsam Hill: Norway Spruce)
Now if I could purchase TWO trees, I would love to purchase this tree just for my Reading Room.  I think it would be adorable tucked into a corner and decorated with miniature books!  The Cathedral Fir is 38 inches in diameter and has 700 lights for this slim tree.  Two trees are definitely not in my budget, so I will have to dream of this one until next year!
(Photo Credit Balsam Hill: Cathedral Fir)

I must admit that just blogging about my Christmas tree dilemma has helped me eliminate one of the trees on my list!  Now... if I can just make a final selection.  I can't wait to share my new Balsam Hill tree with your during my December Open House!  Which one do you like?  Merry Christmas in July!!

Comments

  1. Great looking trees!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! They are all terrific...now to select just one!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful Christmas tree site, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a wonderful site for all things Christmas. I would love to have their garland as well. Have a wonderful Wednesday!
      Blessings from Lynda at Still Woods Farmhouse

      Delete
  3. The Brewer Spruce is my FAVORITE! But oh I do love that Silvarado Slim! WOW...I've seen those trees advertised. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too Cindy! The only drawback is that it would limit me to one of two positions in the family room. It's so pretty though, so I can live with that!
      Blessings from Lynda at Still Woods Farmhouse

      Delete
  4. What beautiful trees! I love the Brewer Spruce and the narrower trees as well. Dilemma for sure. I'd have to choose a narrower one living in a small cottage like I do.

    Happy choosing ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning Lorraine!
      Yes, the slimmer options are wonderful for so many reasons. There are even "skinner" trees available on their site. If you are in the market for a new tree or just want to do a little Christmas dreaming, head over to Balsam Hill!
      Blessings from Lynda at Still Woods Farmhouse

      Delete
  5. Oh wow! HOw will you ever decide!??~!

    I really like your choices. The first and the last are my favorites. How much room do you have?

    I also like the one the blogger put in her bedroom. Wish my bedroom would accommodate a tree. I'd put one in every room if I could!

    Thanks so much for visiting me at Harvest Lane Cottage!
    I'll look around your blog tomorrow when it's not midnight!

    Be blessed!
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura!
      I am so glad you stopped by my blog. I do like to put a tree just about everywhere...big, little, really little! Try putting a small table top tree in your bedroom. I just love the twinkle our bedroom trees gives in the evening while I'm getting ready to finish my day. My grandmother loved to decorate for Christmas and she passed that love to my mother and to me. My favorite decoration of all is our manger scene. I share my main one each Christmas. We have a manger scene in every room of the house. Again, so glad you stopped by to visit me!
      Blessings from Lynda at Still Woods Farmhouse

      Delete
  6. I'm out of the loop! I didn't know those sales were going on so I'd better pay attention. It's definitely time to start adding to my gift stash too.

    Thank you for sharing at Thoughts of Home on Thursday. Pinning. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stacey,
      I stumbled across this sale while looking online one day. Glad to have shared with Thoughts of Home and look forward to participating again!
      Blessings from Lynda at Still Woods Farmhouse

      Delete
  7. We live in a tiny cottage so we have a pencil tree like you showed in the last photo. It makes all the difference in the world to have a skinny tree when we have the family over.

    Thanks for sharing with SYC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was glad to share at SYC! I think the last tree is adorable. I still haven't my up my mind and time is wasting! I wish you a wonderful weekend and thank you for stopping by for a visit.
      Blessings from Lynda at Still Woods Farmhouse

      Delete
  8. I bought a pencil tree for our Dining Room last year on Clearance after Christmas so I am looking forward to seeing how it will look.....Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!!
    HUgs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deb! Your house is always decorated so beautifully anytime of the year, but my favorite is your Christmas decor. I am anxious to see your new tree in the dining room. Have a great weekend!
      Blessings from Lynda at Still Woods Farmhouse

      Delete
  9. It is getting to be that time of year again.
    Beautiful trees.
    Thank you for sharing this with us at Thoughts of Home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning Laura!
      Can you believe that Christmas is only 5 months away?! It will be here before you know it. Enjoyed sharing with Thoughts of Home! Have a wonderful weekend!
      Blessings from Lynda at Still Woods Farmhouse

      Delete
  10. I am so familiar with the Balsam Hill trees. I really love my real trees and my parents always had them, too. But I can't help but love looking at all these pretty trees this company has to offer. I've often thought of a tall skinny tree in my family room. Just dreaming!

    Thanks for a great post, Lynda. Just 5 more months and Christmas will be upon us! ;-D

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane!
      I enjoy dreaming of one of these trees in every room. Of course, you have to dream up someone to decorate and undecorate them all too! I love the smell of real trees, but our allergies just won't allow us to have the real thing. I remember my grandmother had the most beautiful blue spruce one year when we came to visit. My sister had a terrible reaction and the town doctor told my grandmother it would have to go. She parked it on the front porch and we enjoyed it from there! Great memory! Hope you are enjoying your trip to Ashville.
      Blessings from Lynda at Still Woods Farmhouse

      Delete
  11. Hi, My vote would be for the Silverado Slim. I check back in December. Enjoying Christmas is the most important. Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sylvia,
      Thanks for stopping by! I can't wait to share my pick and how it looks in our home. Have a wonderful week!
      Blessings from Lynda at Still Woods Farmhouse

      Delete
  12. They are all lovely Lynda, I would have a hard time choosing too! Thank you for sharing @Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky for me, the sale has been continued! More time to decide. Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!
      Blessings from Lynda at Still Woods Farmhouse

      Delete
  13. Really a great addition. I have read this marvelous post. Thanks for sharing information about it. I really like that. Thanks so lot for your convene.
    Tanglin

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Trip Down Memory Lane

I had planned to share my new front door decor, but alas, like many residents of the MS Gulf Coast, all  loose outside objects have been secured as we await the arrival of Hurricane Isaac. Instead, I thought I would share with you a set of my favorite dinnerware.  I began collecting Memory Lane ironstone many years ago, but my love of the pattern began when I was just a little girl.  My Grandma Mercer had one dinner plate.  I imagine that she picked it up either in a box of laundry soap or as a reward for shopping at the IGA of Chattahoochee, Florida.  I came to love her one plate.  My grandmother would make sure that my food was served on that plate no matter what other dinnerware pattern was set on her table!  When she passed away, I was blessed to receive her dining room set which included a lovely buffet with glass knobs along with the matching table and chairs.  I also received my Memory Lane plate. During my search for more pattern pieces, I found out that Memory Lane is consi

Fun Fall Door Decor

I am ready for the heat of summer to be over and the cool breezes of fall to head our way.  My sister called me the other day and said she wanted to pull out her autumn decorations and to that I say "Amen, Sista"! We both can't wait to say, "Happy Fall Ya'll"!! In the meantime, I need to update my fall door decor and have been looking for a few, fresh ideas.  Better Homes and Gardens had some wonderful fall wreath ideas.  I adore this unusual "wreath" made from a rake. Who said a wreath must be round? Etsy and Pinterest have an abundance of wreath ideas including several swags to use on your harvest door. Another cute idea from Better Homes and Gardens. It makes me think of  warm apple crisp topped with a dollop of whipped cream!   Yum!  Or how about those wonderfully apple scented candles?  Love those! Monograms are all the rage.  I think this would be a simple wreath to make.  Raise your hand if you like simple projects! Super cu

Thanksgiving Dinnerware to Grace Any Table

Southern Living recently published an article entitled "Turkey Plate Special" chronicling the origins of certain patterns.  Who knew that when Abraham Lincoln declared Thanksgiving a national holiday in 1863, we would end up with beautiful transferware patterns honoring the official bird of Thanksgiving?  I was excited to see my pattern, "His Majesty" by Johnson Brothers in the article.  We lovingly call these our Traveling Turkey Dishes.  Click  here  to find out why! I set our Reading Room   table with His Majesty for a quick peek at this beautiful pattern.  I love my "Traveling Turkey Dishes".  It is a joy to get them out and use them throughout November.  I also love this old table.  It has the scars of a well lived life and reminds me so much of my sweet grandmother who loved it as much as I do. A close up of His Majesty shows the lovely colors of the season.  I don't own the turkey platter, but it is on my wish list! (Replacements) Anot